Friday, July 10, 2009

Food Day Friday ... garlic/parm/olive oil paste

with no pictures. boo.

this morning Husband and I decided we wanted hamburgers for dinner tonight. great.

now here's a little insight on how we eat our burgers. We don't use traditional hamburger buns. We use flat out wraps. They taste great and are better for you and less filling than hamburger buns. Of course, we were out of flat wraps.

but we had sandwich bread. hamburgers on sandwich bread? soggy? yes. so we came up with a paste to put on the bread and toast it for a firmer hardier bread.

and now I share with you the Garlic/Parmesan/Olive Oil Paste.

I roasted two cloves of garlic. mashed it with a fork. added about 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese until it was blended into a big clump. Then I added enough olive oil until it was less of a clump and more of a paste. (I seriously have no idea how much olive oil I added. If I had to guess I'd say between 5-10 tablespoons.)

Then I toasted the bread just a little - no color, just crispness, spread all the pieces of toast with the paste, put it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes. and yum.

It was a Friday Night hit.

No comments: