Friday, October 30, 2009

Food Day Friday - pumpkin compound butter

Since I made the garlic Parmesan compound butter Husband has been brainstorming on new compound butter ideas. He came up with Pumpkin Compound butter and bought a huge can of pumpkin puree. greeeeeaaaaat.

Tuesday, I was trying a cream of asparagus soup recipe (it was great, btw) so I decided to bake a loaf of bread and try the pumpkin compound butter then.

Husband suggested I try two sticks of butter and half the can of puree. I had doubts that it would be any good and didn't want to waste more butter than necessary, so I decided to just use one stick.

I used
1 stick of (salted) butter (room temperature)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
a couple of dashes of cinnamon.
(I thought about added a little clove too, but was too lazy to clean out the coffee grinder to grind the clove)

stirred until completely blended.

it really was so much better than I could ever have imagined. EVER.
it was great on the bread and Husband and I both agreed that it'd be great on hot muffins or even fresh biscuits.

if you're in a pumpkin mood this fall season, give it a try.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

That sounds delicious! :)