Sunday, May 23, 2010

spirits sunday: lemonade+

Husband was grilling hamburgers. I was caramelizing onions. Daughter and Son were doing their own thing.

"Sorry I didn't make you any tea today." (Husband is a sweet tea fiend)

"It's ok. I was thinking you could make lemonade. That won't take long, will it? We can add vodka."

um, no. it took longer for me to decide which pitcher I was going to use than it took the sugar to dissolve in the water on the stove top.

6 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
1 and 3/4 cups of lemon juice
dissolve sugar into water (on stove top or microwave) and add lemon juice

(this was tonight's recipe. If we weren't adding alcohol, I would have used more lemon and less sugar) Daughter liked her virgin lemonade regardless.

I added a shot of vodka and a splash of triple sec to each glass. It was a nice mix. And it went well with the burgers and onions and feta (Husband bunned his patties and added provolone.)

Note that Son was awake to join us for family dinner. It was nice having his smiling face at the table.

No comments: