Friday, June 4, 2010

basil butter strikes again

Sunday, We had zero dinner ideas. almost zero groceries. but I wasn't interested in going to the grocery store. (isn't that always when you come up with the most interesting dinners?)

we still had some basil butter left in the fridge. so I wanted to use that.

I brainstormed, told him what I wanted. And we worked on it together.

Husband defrosted a 2 pound pack of chicken breast tenderloins.
He soaked them in makeshift buttermilk (i.e. whole milk and lemon juice)
dredged them in flour (with salt and pepper)
and pan fried them in vegetable oil
when they were fresh out of the oil, I sprinkled them with parmesan cheese.

meanwhile, I was warming up the basil butter and boiling spaghetti noodles. When the noodles were cooked I tossed them in the basil butter and added parmesan cheese and pepper (remember I used salted butter ... no need to add more)

This is what we ended up with. It was fabulous.

1 comment:

laurensmommy said...

oh yum. I am coming to live with you. Between your basil butter and fresh garden picks, reading your blog is making me hungry! :)