Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Rice Packs

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Well over a year ago, I made a few rice packs by following this tutorial I found on pinterest (I also made the drawstring pouch too.) I made one of the full sized ones like the tutorial. Plus a couple of mini ones that are just a little larger than each compartment.  I love them. heated in the microwave or chilled in the freezer.  They are great.

Thanks to a great clearance sale at connectingthreads.com recently, I stocked up on some flannel.  Two yards.  You know how many rice packs you can make with two yards?  A LOT. I've made a couple more large ones for me (hello, icing the shins!) and now I'm working on some for BBWP. Her "whole me" gets cold a lot.

This is the flannel I'm using:

flannel from connectingthreads.com

1 comment:

brookebrenee said...

It's true. That's why I'm thrilled the boss got me my own heater!