Sunday, December 13, 2009

Spirits Sunday: my Christmas time favorite

I wish I could tell you 12 different places where you can find this wine, but sadly, no. I've only found it at World Market. if you decide to venture out to World Market to find it, the picture is a little deceiving. the bottle actually is green and not blue like the picture shows. I found this image on the wine website Schmitt Sohne (that distributes Gluwein in the USA)

Husband and I discovered it last year and really fell in love. Augsburger Christkindlmarkt Gluwein is a spiced red wine. and it's meant to be drunk hot. yes. heat it up.

we pour a couple of glasses in a sauce pan on the stove top and when steam starts rising, it's perfect. and it's great with gingerbread.

Gluwein is produced and bottled in Germany and imported and distributed by Schmitt Sohne

It's a screw top with 9% alcohol. I'm pretty sure it's under $6 a bottle.

seriously, I love a glass of this on a cold right before bed.

No comments: