Friday, August 20, 2010

The basket weave mastered

On Twitter Monday, I announced my personal goal for the week was to "master" the basket weave crochet. "Master" meaning no longer needing to refer to the 20 minute youtube tutorial video.

After a couple of glitches - the first one realizing I didn't actually know how to do a double crochet (which I needed to do the first row) - I was in business. It only took about an hour of total concentration, viewing, rewinding, replaying, repeat, repeat, repeat before I got it.

pride. I did it. WA-HOO, as Daughter would say.

Well, I haven't done it in the sense that I've made an entire scarf yet. I've just done it in the sense that I can do it and WILL finish said scarf soon.

After this scarf is finished I'm going to master the puff stitch.


Ladies, Gentlemen, Children of all ages: I present to you THE BASKET WEAVE.
I'm using Lion Brand Yarn Vanna's Choice (yes, as in Vanna White) in Barley. I thought because I'm crocheting in basket weave a pretty brown color would be a neat choice. Plus I found this yarn 50% off at Wal-Mart. I hate the picture quality. I tried about 8 different settings trying to get the pattern to show up well. But you still can't see how pretty the yarn actually is. eh. I can't win them all!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Ooo I love it. You make me want to learn a new stitch.