Monday, August 30, 2010

a running update

where have all the running updates been?

oh wait ...

no running = no running updates.

it's true.

BUT, I ran today. and plan to walk tomorrow. and run Wednesday. and on and on and on.

I'm not going to lie. Today's run felt like I haven't ran in weeks. because ... oh wait. I haven't.

But as always it felt great when it was over and I relished that runners high that I lived on last summer.

Last night while at Wal-mart to get chicken, I also got two sports bras, a pair of running leggings, 2 pair of running shorts and two tops. I've got to learn to stick to the list better.

I jest.

But the new clothes did help. It's important (for me anyway) to be comfortable in what I'm running in. And that means a lot more than just good running shoes. It means pants that don't ride up or sag down and tops that don't ride up exposing the jiggle I'm running to get rid of!! And most importantly, a good bra. The two I got were both Danskin and the one I wore today worked great. I recommend making that $11 purchase to anyone wondering.

I've decided to run in the HYT 5k (the one I ran last year). It's October 2. I'm not even going to make any silly "promises" like I want to finish with this time or I won't walk. I just want to finish and do the best I can.

1 comment:

Erica Gia said...

Keep at it. I am struggling with running right now too. I blame it on the heat and bad running gear. Maybe I need to try some wally world leggings!!