Thursday, September 23, 2010

what's going on in the garden?

I've got to admit, I'm feeling a little garden burnout. I'm not as excited about the garden as I was in May. Here's the rundown:

tomatoes: we're still picking enough to can at least a pint a week

okra: heavy winds knocked down half of our okra plants so we've got 3 left and we pick maybe a half dozen a week

muskmelons: dead. all of them and it's all my fault. I completely flaked out on watering the garden for 4 days. Sure, I had plenty stored water, I just didn't get outside and water. As a result all the musk melons dried up and died. I was mad at myself about it for about a day, but now I'm ok about it.

broccoli: sprouting, starting to grow. Daughter is going to be so excited when she realizes it's in the garden. She loves broccoli [and dipping it in ranch dressing].

baby bok choy: starting to sprout up. excited to try this in stir fry.

and that ladies and gentlemen is all. There's still some garlic in the ground with green stems, but I really have no clue what's going on underground on that one.

No comments: