Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Adventures of Daughter - the messer, the cleaner

Two of Daughter's favorite things to do is help clean and make art.

sometimes she will try to color like I do.
sometimes she will try fold clothes like I do.

and sometimes the two overlap.
sometimes she will try to clean the walls and windows after she colors on them.

We have a pretty strict rule in our house: washable paint/crayons/colored pencils/markers ONLY. all of my non-washable things are on a high shelf in my closet safe from little creative hands.


This is Daughter cleaning the side glass door with our all purpose cleaner [I mostly use a water/vinegar mix. it's cheap, works and is enviromentally and kid friendly] and a baby rag.
she's very thorough. AND the best part of washable art products, I could get it off with a wet hand.


earlier this morning, Daughter took advantage of my inattention and colored on the wall and entertainment center with her brown crayon ... before I could ask her to help me clean it up, she asked for a paper towel and started herself.

that kid. I don't know anyone like her.

FACT: there's a patch of Daughter's bedroom wall that she colored on with nonwashable crayon [pre-rule] and I don't want to wash it. I'm pretty sure the day will come when I'm wishing for crayon marks on the wall. I'm enjoying them while they last!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

That is too precious!!! :)

bpeterson said...

A child after my own heart!

laurensmommy said...

glad to hear that you are not discouraging her creative endeavors! :) Lauren is currently really getting into the whole coloring thing...so it's only a matter of time until we have crayon marks on our walls as well!