Thursday, November 19, 2009

opted out.

changed my mind.

wussed out.

took the easy way out.

quitter.

blah blah blah.

call it whatever you want. put whatever label you want on it. whatever justification you need.

I'm not running in the 5k Saturday.

ready for my 'reasons?'

number 1. I guess is that I just don't want to. yes. I think running in the cold is hard. and I have the sinus infection to prove it.

on the one hand I feel like a quitter for not pushing through and making it happen. on the other hand, I feel relieved that my sinus troubles have subsided and I can breathe normally again.

I'm still going to the 5k, just as an athletic supporter. <-- go ahead. laugh at my 7th grade joke.

and now that I'm not running every other day, I feel so lazy. my jeans feel tighter. I've even resorted to doing sprints in my driveway during the warmest parts of the day and pulling out old VHS workout videos just to get my exercise fix.

I'm ready for spring.

No comments: