What to do:
- boil enough water to fill up enough pint sized mason jars so each snowflake has its own jar
- while the water is heating up, mold your pipe cleaners. (I used white, but colored pipe cleaners would give you colored snowflakes) I used two pipe cleaners per snow flake.
- put 1/3 cup of borax in each jar
- when water boils, pour water in each jar and stir to dissolve borax.
- put snowflake in the jar and suspend with string and a pencil on the top of the jar.
- wait. like overnight (or all day if you do what I did and make them before breakfast)
- remove from jars and hang/place where ever.
|one of mine in the jar. I took a lot of "during" pictures in the jar, but it was hard to tell much was going on, so I'll spare you.|
|all of the afters, hanging on the light fixture in the dining room.|
I have one more dining room decoration idea. spoiler alert: it's paper cut out snowflakes to go on the wall. I'm pretty sure my scissor loving kids with love that project!