Friday, November 12, 2010

What I'm working with

Since the middle of the summer, I've been picking up yarn that I like that's on sale or clearance. I've had a lot of luck so far with making pretty scarves for people I love with it. I really love to pick out a yarn and a pattern for someone. I also like when someone picks out yarn for themselves and then I can make a scarf out of it.

Now that the Christmas blankets are finished, I'm back in the scarf making saddle.

This is what I have left. I have some rough ideas for some of it but mostly, it's still undecided.

This is yarn that Husband picked out for a scarf. Yea, it may seem like a lot of yarn for one scarf, but there is a pattern on the skein that says it takes two balls to make a dish towel. So I figured better safe than sorry. Plus they were on sale for $1.40 each.
It's the same kind of yarn (100% cotton) that I use to make the dish towels (if you've gotten some of those)

This is the orange yarn that Daughter picked out for a scarf. She asked for two balls so I could make a scarf for Son too. She said, "we both love orange, Mommy."
The white above the orange is a shimmery soft white that I picked up to make a scarf to wear with my green coat. I haven't really decided what to do with it yet.

I've also decided that because I have so much yarn, I'm going to REALLY try not to buy anymore until I use this (mostly) up. Does that sounds wishy washy enough for you? WOW. I'm a girl that really loves yarn. And I have a hard time saying no to a yarn sale.

Another girl who loves yarn is Tiffany. She knits. And it's beautiful. scarves, mittens, socks, stockings, wraps ... she does amazing work and always seems to find beautiful yarn to work with. I'm currently obsessed with living vicariously through her yarn supply and ogling and her posts. So stop by her blog and check out her knitting.

p.s. If you'd like me to make you a scarf - DON'T be shy. Send me some yarn or if we're local we can meet somewhere and I can help you pick out something. Seriously, I really love doing this. I sold almost 60 scarves last Christmas but I hate charging friends. You buy the yarn, I'll make it into something you can put around your neck to keep you warm.

4 comments:

TL said...

wow, you SOLD work? THAT is impressive!

you have some fine looking yarns! i'm not going to lie, looking at your stash made me think "i should buy some more yarn." yeesh.

is it cheating if i sell some of my yarn and buy different yarn?

Christy Ross said...

My mom took all the scarves to work and sold them all in two weeks. It made made Christmas shopping much less stressful.

If you use the proceeds from the sold yarn to buy new yarn it is permissible.

Nicki said...

I think my youngin' would like a scarf but is too sweet to say so ... she keeps commenting on mine saying how pretty it is. :) <3

Melissa said...

I am wearing my Christy Ross scarf today. It makes me happy.