Monday, February 6, 2012

Attack of the Poochie

 A couple of weeks ago, I was in a sewing mood.  But I was without a project to work on.  Luckily, Tina gladly provided me with the link to the POOCHIE tutorial.

Seriously, it's a cute little bag.  And it can be done with 3 fat quarters.  Catch a deal or have a coupon, you can make this little bag for about $3.  Not too bad.  Even better for me, I had a little stockpile of fat quarters and other scraps large enough to fit the bill. So I got to work and didn't even have to go to the store.

I made 4 in two days.  um, yes, I do have an addictive personality.

my first one.
It took me a little while (and emailing with Tina) to understand the instructions on the first one but I was really happy with the finished product.  I love that little pocket on the front (there's one on the back too).
The only deviations I made from the tutorial was to top stitch the pocket AND the opening of the bag.  I'm so used to doing it on my other bags, I thought they'd look a little naked un-top stitched.

the full collection.
Of course, I had to make one with my beloved yellow/grey/white/black walmart fabric.  (I've actually got plans to make another larger one, because the pattern is a little small for most of my bag needs but I need to go to walmart and get more fabric).

I love the blue fabric on the far right.  Tena H. picked it out at Jo-ann for me to make her (and I) drawstring bags for the cheap yoga mats we'd just scored.  This is the one that I carry around the most.  It's a favorite.

Oh, and POOCHIE has its own flickr group.  It's fun to see all the other interpretations of the bag.  So far, I've only added the first one I made because I didn't take individual pictures of the other 3.

Many thanks to Tina for providing me with something fun and easy to do to quench my sewing thirst.

No comments: