Tuesday, February 28, 2012

T-Shirt Quilt Update

There's really nothing to update on the quilt except my sketch of what I want the back to look like.  

The Front.  Twin Sized.  (huge)
Daughter helped me spread it out in the office
The Back
I did a rather poor job of making sure the binding got scanned onto the image.  But you get the idea.  Black on top, Ivy and Rose on the bottom (if I can find ones I want) And a red binding that coordinates with the rose fabric. And the JC applique.

I've only found one ivy fabric I like and it's on a website in England.  (that has fantastically cheap shipping to the US, BTW) but I've put myself on a spending freeze in anticipation of a pretty huge household expense (there's nothing fun about needing a new furnace AND central heat/air unit)

I haven't found any rose fabric I like enough to say, "that's the one."

So, I've just put this on hold for awhile.  But the good news is, I finally have BBWP's shirts and money for interfacing so I can start her quilt.  It'll be much smaller than mine but I'm excited about the ideas I have for making it fabulous with fewer shirts.

Neither projects are deadline driven.  We're just taking our time and waiting and looking.  But  I'm excited about both.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love, love, love this, especially the back. Can't wait for you to finish.