Monday, July 6, 2009

scarf makin' maniac

this is one of my latest scarves. last week I switched from a K 6.5mm needle to a bigger N 9.0mm needle. it has made a HUGE difference! the scarves are bigger and I'm finishing them a few hours faster than before.

Last summer I started crocheting scarves for my parents, brother, his fiance, sister and brother-in-law for Christmas. but I ending up making about 20. my mom took the extra ones with her to work and sold them all for $25 each. that was very exciting to me. especially exciting to the checking account. it really helped out a lot when money was tight. so I started thinking about selling them on a larger scale.

etsy.

yes, I think I'll try that.

so I've been crocheting my little fingers to the bone in my spare time. incidentally, my spare time is 4:00 every weekday when I watch Gilmore Girls, about 30 minutes before bedtime and every time I'm riding in the car with Husband.

I'm planning on listing them around the end of August because, really, who is looking for warm comfy scarves when it's 97 degrees outside?

Tiffany has a great blog about her knitting.

and truth be told, I'm a bit jealous of her ability to read a pattern. I have got to figure that out in order to broaden my crafty horizons.

2 comments:

laurensmommy said...

oh, christy....2009 is such the year of the scarf! I am impressed with your craftiness! Love etsy...good luck selling them!

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf in the picture! I wish I knew how to knit...I have definitely had my share of failed attempts.