Sunday, July 19, 2009

Spirits Sunday - American Honey



Wild Turkey American Honey

ok, imagine what Wild Turkey tastes like. now, imagine what honey tastes like. alright, now put them together. That's American Honey. seriously.

It's an "Exceptionally smooth liqueur blended with pure honey and bourbon whiskey" according to the bottle and I could not agree more.

My fabulous friend, Tina, brought some for Husband and I to try on her latest visit to the great city of "where we live." Neither of us had heard of it before she mentioned it and were definitely interested in trying it.

On their arrival, the American Honey was put directly in the freezer. We poured short glasses and sipped it straight. MAN. honey and bourbon. seriously. It's very much not an everyday have a drink drink. In fact, Husband and I still have about 1/5 of the bottle left that we're saving for when the weather turns cool.

I also tried it with unsweet tea. (because when I drink bourbon, it's either with coke or sweet tea, or just over ice depending on the smooth-ness.) And I'd have to say it is good like that, but not really it's intended use. it's meant to be enjoyed chilled and over ice.

it's 35.5% alcohol.

I recommend waiting to try it until it's football season. maybe Iron Bowl weekend. It'll be cold by then.

No comments: