Saturday, January 2, 2010

the Adventures of Son: sitting and standing [not in that order]


I told Son that all I wanted for Christmas was for him to sit up. He was almost 8.5 months old. I didn't think I was asking too much.

seriously, for the previous month he'd been pulling himself up to stand in his crib and on furniture and crawling like someone was chasing him but STILL no sitting!! I'd never heard of pulling up to stand before sitting. craziness. Son is already a rebel. rule breaking kid.

Then on Christmas afternoon, after lunch, we were all sitting around. Son had just woken up from his nap and was enjoying Nanny and Papa love. We put him on the floor so he could crawl around and check out his new toys. He crawls over to Daughter's new jump rope, grabs it and sits up like he's been doing it for weeks!

IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
and he was polite enough to wait on me to grab the camera before he started crawling away again. [such a sweet considerate boy]

this is a picture of Son standing up against the love seat tonight . I love it because you can really see 2 of his 6 teeth.
ah, Son. He's a fabulous person.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a great present. I'm so glad he let you get your camera before he scooted off. That always happens to me with the perfect cat picture.