Monday, April 5, 2010

Daughter's new bag/purse

Yesterday while the kids napped, Husband and I watched The Squid and the Whale. Because I'm pretty much unable to just sit in front of the television, I started to multitask.

Yes, with things I had in my craft box [clearance ribbon, clearance velcro, embroidery floss, an embroidery needle) and a leg from cut off jeans of Daughter's, I crafted a purse/bag for her enjoyment.


I just turned the leg inside out and closed the cut off part (to be the bottom), added the ribbon to the top for handles and the velcro so it could be opened and closed (like my purses that she's obsessed with).

I also got out a white paint pen and some green acrylic pant to decorate, but that turned out less than desirable so I'm not even going to discuss it further.


She's filled it with rocks, acorns, sidewalk chalk and crackers. All things that a 2.5 year old should always have on hand.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh how adorable! Jim's mom made purses like that and old t-shirts for Jessie when she was that age. After Jim and I started dating, Jessie and I would hit the Walmart clearance/remnants bins for materials. She had a love for capes and cat ear adorned headbands -- both of which were cheap and easy to make, and I could put together in an afternoon. :)

Megan said...

Cute and practical....love it!