Wednesday, December 29, 2010

four year anniversary

Four years ago today, Husband and I got married. Then we boarded a plane for Alaska. We had a fabulous snow filled honeymoon.

Playing in the snow at the Alyeska. We stayed there 3 of our 5 nights (including New Year's Eve) It was pretty fabulous.

We saw this moose/elk/whatever when we were driving our rented Malibu (YES, a Malibu in snowy Alaska. It was scary) down the coast to Seward. We stopped the car and got out to take its picture. We weren't convinced he wasn't a fake until I got too close and he galloped away.
We took thousands of pictures (mostly on the train ride through the Denali National Park) but these two were the only pictures I had on the computer.

Happy Anniversary, Love. Here's to at least four more years. ;-)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy anniversary!! :)

We went to Hawaii in May and were just talking the other day that it would be neat to also visit Alaska. So beautiful, I bet! I don't know if we'll ever get out that way, but any recommendations on where to stay?

Christy Ross said...

wow, can you tell I've had a sick husband for a week?

We stayed in 3 different places in Alaska. One in downtown Anchorage for a night(that I can't remember the name of) One in Fair Banks (that I can't remember the name of). I liked both of them but I'd have to get a box out of the attic to find the names!

And then after our train ride to and from Fair Banks, we stayed 3 nights at the Alyeska, about an hour south of Anchorage. It was truly a great resort experience. And fabulous if y'all have any plans to ski while in Alaska.

Megan said...

Cool...thanks :-) Glad to hear that your hubby is feeling better!