Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a NEW year and a NEW JOURNAL

First, let me start off my saying, "the sickness has struck my house." Well, not the whole house, just Husband. And the sickness I speak of is pneumonia. seriously. He has barely been out of the bed in a week. But thanks to the wonders of modern medicine, he's feeling like a person again. And hopefully only one week of his three weeks vacation will be wasted on pneumonia.

Anyway.

I've been keeping a journal off and on since middle school (when my spelling was atrocious). For the past 6 years, I have had a new journal for every year. I try to carve out specific time every day to write in it. They are great to look back on.

The main title of my journal is My Life and each volume has a different subtitle. 2010 was Mommy's Book of Secrets. And we all remember what happened to that volume in early August. I was so disgusted with what I allowed to happened to my journal I couldn't even look at it. I didn't piece it back together and I certainly didn't write on its water logged pages. 2010 was over for me ... at least the journaling part of it. Sad, but true.

But that only means that My Life volume 6: Let's Try is Again. Dryer this time had some catchup included on the first pages. I'm excited to be journaling again. When I got empty volume 6 out to start it, I realized that it was my last one "in waiting" I love the format and binding of the journals I use and with the exception of volume one (which is a great Van Gogh spiral that BBWP gave me) they are all the same, less the color. So, I need to get back to stock piling and searching for new ones.


I got volume 5 out of hiding for this blog post. You can tell some of the sharpie I used to label the spine was even washed off. poor dirty, dirty volume 5.

a side view of the water logged pages.
I'm excited to get back to journaling. Has anyone read The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath? well, they are abridged in the sense that her husband destroyed the last ones but I love the book anyway. My copy is definitely well worn.

No comments: