Friday, January 28, 2011

Food Day Friday:The Cream Cheese Spinach stuff

seriously, we have no name for this. We usually call it the cream cheese spinach stuff. It is loosely based of this recipe of Giada's.

What we use:
one block of cream cheese
one bag of spinach (sometimes we use it raw, sometimes Husband blanches and drains it)
feta, as much or as little as you like (Husband likes A LOT, probably a cup)
5 or 6 garlic cloves (you can leave them raw, but when we do I can taste garlic in my mouth for days. I usually roast them.)

blend in a food processor, serve with wheat penne pasta or as a spread for crusty bread.

Son's second helping.
A little goes a long way and there's always leftovers. For me, a bowl of pasta needs about two tablespoons of spread. (If your spread is too thick you can melt it a little in the microwave. Husband usually adds some of the feta brine to thin ours out.)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I am going to make this very soon. Have I mentioned lately how much I love your blog?

Anonymous said...

i use more than a cup of feta.....if you want more "bite" to it, give more feta (like I do).

laurensmommy said...

ok, i must try this ASAP...it has all of my favorite things in it!!

Megan said...

Yum! This looks great and oh-so-simple. A "must try!"