Friday, January 7, 2011

The Wise Man Massacre

Yesterday was Epiphany, a holy day. The day some Christians commemorate the visitation of the Wise Men to Jesus.

Son celebrated Epiphany by moving a toddler sized arm chair he got for Christmas up against the fire place, and using it to climb high enough to reach the mantle. Once there, Son grabbed a wise man (and an already injured shepherd) and in the words of Daughter, "threw them down on the floor real hard." She's the only witness and I consider her credible when it comes to telling on her brother.

I'd been waiting to put the Christmas decorations away until after Husband felt a little better. But after that, I'd had it. In 15 minutes I packed everything up and this morning we got the tree out of the house. All that's left now is to take the boxes to the basement. Goodbye Christmas, see you next year.

The already injured shepherd. Before last night he could still kind of hold the staff in his already broken fingers. Now I just have to rest it against his face.

This guy took the worst of it. complete decapitation.
I didn't even bother with the super glue. I just packed him up. Now next time I get him out he'll still be broken and I'll remember all over again how mad I was that it happened.
maybe next time I see this decapitated Wise Man, I'll be able to find the humor in the situation.

No comments: