Sunday, January 16, 2011

3 week "measure in"

Yesterday was my scheduled day to take my measurements again.

thigh: -1/2 inch
hips: -1/2 inch
waist(not where my pants sit, but my actual waist, where my torso curves in): -3/4 inch
chest: didn't measure.
arm: no change. (boo)

to tell you the honest truth, I was disappointed. I just expected more out of 3 weeks of working out and lifting weights. Not that I was on the elliptical 3 hours a day and maxing out on weights every other day. I did take a less aggressive route.

30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week and weights every other day.

I just expected the numbers to change a little more. BUT, again, I know I'm going to see less movement taking measurements than I would on a scale. My jeans are looser. So there's that.

It definitely pushed me yesterday to have my most intense workout thus far. So I made yesterday's workout the minimum goal of what I want to make my workouts feel like.

Plus, I know my metabolism has kicked up a notch because I am hungry ALL THE TIME. So, I've picked up some healthy snack options

AND I'm not afraid to have a glass of coke if I really feel like I need it. little things like that add up ... on the negative side.

I'll tell you right now, that I've been avoiding that fabulous bread I love to make. between garlic bread, nutella, butter, roasted tomato basil, and olive oil dip I could eat an entire loaf in a day. SO, it's just easier to not bake any.

I'll have to give myself a break and have some in the next month or so.

SOMETHING I LEARNED THIS WEEK BY READY LABELS: 1 tablespoon of white sugar has MUCH few calories than 1 tablespoon of clover honey. (I guess I'll slow down my search for raw local honey as a sugar substitute in my hot tea)


1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for progress! You mentioned you were a little disappointed, but I would just like to point out that you technically lost NEARLY 2 sizes in your waist. According to Wikipedia, there is about 1" between, for example, and 8 and a 10. So, YOU GO GIRL! ;-)