Friday, July 9, 2010

Food Day Friday: artichoke pesto pizza

The basil is at it again. well, pesto actually. but pesto made from the garden basil.

I've been making this pizza for awhile using jarred pesto. We really like it. I'd also been using JIFFY mix to make the crust. I'm not going to lie ... I loved this box mix. it's easy and produces a great crust. Suddenly our Wal-mart stopped selling it (yes, they still sell the JIFFY muffin mix, sigh.)

This is the Alton Brown pizza crust recipe that Husband uses (that I now use) It's really just as simple and also produces a great crust (and the dough is actually easier to work with than the JIFFY mix) (we don't actually refrigerate the dough for 18-24 hours. we just mix it well by hand and use. sometimes we do let the dough rise (for more crust)

preheat the oven to 550 degrees
I prepare the crust (I guess it's still a dough at this point bc it's not cooked)
use pesto as the sauce
then top with shredded mozzarella
1 can of quartered artichokes (rinsed)
as much (or as little) white onion as you like
I also rub olive oil on the crust part of the pizza so it gets golden brown

Pre-cooked

Cooked (for about 12 minutes)
If you don't want your onions that brown around the edges, you can put them on the bottom under the cheese. Daughter loves this pizza!

No comments: