Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Jug Sangria

Husband brought this home from Winn-Dixie Thursday night. And I'll admit it, I laughed.

Really, a super giant jug of wine. hilarious.

But it ended up being pretty good. A nice sweet easy to drink red wine.

Plus it's 4 liters and cost right at $15. A normal bottle of wine is 750mL. That's more than 5 bottles of wine for $15.

Not too shabby. It makes a nice "second bottle"

We have friends that when we have a meal at their house we always bring a nicer bottle of wine to drink first and a cheaper one for second. When you drink the cheaper wine second it always tastes better. (truth. or as Charlie Sheen has me saying now #winning)


p.s. I am going to resist the urge to make "winning" a label. Because, let's face it, I would tag every post "winning"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sigh. I drank this in college. If we lived closer, I could show you how to hook your finger in the little holder and sling it over your shoulder to drink directly out of the jug.

Classy, I know.

Since becoming quite the wine snob after being married and making more money than I did in college, I'm not sure if I could drink Carlo anymore, unless it was already after I had been drinking something good before-hand.

But hey. You can't beat that value :)