Monday, July 18, 2011

SBS Blocks 1, 2, 3

The deadline to have the first three blocks finished to be entered to win 4 Kona Cotton fat quarters was the 15th. So I figured I should go ahead and debut them on the blog. (they've been on flickr for about a week)

I've been going back and forth about whether I like the fabric, don't like the fabric, thinking it looks old lady-ish, thinking I should have got something else, thinking it looks vintage-y ... to deciding once and for all -- This is what I bought and the more I use it, the more I like it. The end. I like it.

Block 1 (Log Cabin)
I did a spiral

Block 2 (9 Patch)
The solid Meadow fabric is really the only color that I don't think "belongs" in the collection but it's growing on me as a fun wild card fabric to throw in.

Block 3 (Dash Churn)
I really liked doing this one. I've never done triangles before and Leila's technique is really easy making the final product look like a lot more work than it was.

1, 2, 3.
I've kept the main green fabric running as the dominant color through out and it's all really growing on me. The more I look at them, the more satisfied I am.
There are still 4 fabrics in the collection I haven't used yet. So, including the main green, maybe the next block will use 5 fabrics. I going to try to distribute them as evenly as I can to make them last throughout all the blocks. (mostly because I'm pretty afraid I'll run out of fabric and won't be able to get more!)


My mom bought me a Brother SQ9000 a couple of weeks ago and I've decided to make her a quilt as a thank you. All these new blocks are definitely giving me lots of ideas to choose from!

3 comments:

Lee said...

I really like the log cabin.

Walmart in Jasper cut their fabric dept out and only sells precut fabric in 2 yards. Oh how I wanted to buy some Saturday. I am afraid if I start this hobby, it will become very expensive.

Andrea said...

Love it! I agree your "odd solid" looks good with the rest of the bunch. I am still reading up on things trying to figure this whole thing out..lol!

The Oily Bumper Mama said...

I really like the spiral. Also, I am very impressed with your domestic abilities over the past few years. Don't know that I've ever told you that.