Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sleep, the enemy ...

Husband hit it out of the park with this library pick. Husband forgets where he heard about this book.

Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

It is best described as 50 First Dates (a movie I'm not so hot about) meets Memento (one of my favorite movies ever)

It's about a woman who, because of a severe head injury 22 years in the past, wakes up every morning not knowing who she is, where she is or who the man is she's sharing a bed with. She can remember her day until she goes to sleep at night and then it's erased and she starts the next day back at square one. Until ...

It really is a great book in the thriller/mystery/suspense genre. I tore through this book. When I got to the climatic point of the book, when I knew the answer was about to unravel, I had to put the book down. I didn't want it to be over yet. BUT I was anxious to know the ending. So, I picked it back up and finished.

I told Husband one of the things I like best about the book was S.J. Watson is a completely unknown author to me. Unlike John Grisham, James Patterson, Stephen King or Dean Koontz, who I've read so many times, I'm not usually surprised anymore, Watson kept me guessing and kept surprising me.

loved it.

No comments: