Monday, February 28, 2011

The sewing machine has not beaten me.

This is the sewing machine Tena H has loaned me.
like, MONTHS ago.

seriously.

I'm a little intimidated by it. I've never used a sewing machine before in my life. I have no idea how to even start.

I felt incredibly brave and crafty a week ago so I got the box out of my closet, set it up and started looking at the instructions.

First off, I should mention their was purple thread sort of on the top part (don't you love my technical terminology?) and there was green thread coming out of the top of the base. Thanks, mom. That was enough to confuse the hell out of me right there.

So, I call her at work.

"Why is there thread coming out of two places?"

"That's just how sewing machines work."

"Well, shouldn't they be the same color? I mean, if they're both going on the fabric shouldn't they match?"

"Yes."

"well, it really confuses me that they don't."

"I was probably doing some sort of project where I needed to see both stitches. I don't remember. It's been so long since I've used it."

"Really? Because it's confusing and the pictures in the directions don't match what the sewing machine looks like. I'm really frustrated that I can't figure this out. I had no idea it'd be this hard."

"I knew I'd get a call like this once you finally took the machine out of the box."

"Thanks."

So soon I'll be taking the sewing machine back for a tutorial. Should be interesting. I still don't have any concrete ideas for anything I need to sew. I found a lot of pillow cases in the linen closet so I'm in no rush to make Son pillow cases. Eh, we'll see.


No comments: