Sunday, May 29, 2011

My June 5k - registered

In sticking to my "At least one race a month until October" goal, I have registered for my June race.

I'm running the Race to the Courthouse in downtown BHM. It's the first race that Husband ran two years ago and he really enjoyed it.

He's thinking about entering also (and running with the double stroller and kids).

We're already planning on running a practice race on the route the Sunday before. I think running downtown is pretty cool. (I'd also like to live there)

I'm excited.

We've kept up a very consistent schedule of running at night on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But my shins and calves have been KILLING me, so I usually take one of those nights slower than normal but for a little break.

It's been a nice family activity. We're running a new route (not the cemetery anymore) that ends up right at the community ball parks and playground. So Husband and I run/walk for 30 minutes then the kids get to play for about an hour. Then we walk home. It works out really well for us.

No comments: